"At the Limes we aim to promote and deliver a high standard of health care to the practice population within the atmosphere of a learning organisation, and to support this by ongoing development of patient services, training and education."
Dr Abouharb, Lead Partner
We are committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults and children and where necessary, will work with other agencies to achieve this.
If you are worried about a child or vulnerable adult, please speak with a member of our team.
Privacy and Confidentiality of your Medical Record
The practice is registered with the Data Protection Registrar and follows the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000. These advise the practice on our responsibilities relating to the data we hold and the rights of patients and interested parties in relation to accessing the data.
The information provided by you to the practice will only be provided to other Departments/Agencies for Health and Social Services planning and for the purpose of preventing or detecting fraud. It will not be passed to anyone else.
General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR")
The GDPR requires practices to process data fairly and in a transparent manner which is easily accessible and easy to understand. This means that practices must provide information to patients about how the practice processes patient data in the form of a 'privacy notice'. Please click on the link below to see The Limes' privacy notice:
The Limes Medical Centre Privacy Notice
Late Arrivals Protocol
The practice has a protocol for the procedure to follow where a patient is late for their appointment.
Please read the attached protocol.
Late Arrivals Protocol
Practice Charter Standards
As a patient of this practice you can expect:
- To be seen the same day for conditions you and the doctor agree necessary.
- Expect your medicines to be reviewed regularly if you are receiving repeat prescriptions.
- Be referred to a Consultant, acceptable to you, when your GP thinks it is necessary and to be referred for a second opinion if both you and your doctor agree that this is desirable.
- Have access to your health records, as allowed by the Data Protection Act. Please write to the Executive Director if you would like to see these or have copies made. We charge a small fee to cover our administrative costs.
- Have your telephone enquiries answered promptly and dealt with efficiently.
- Be informed of test, x-ray and outpatients results upon request.
As a patient of this practice we expect you:
- To treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy.
- To be punctual for your appointment.
- To give the practice as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep a booked appointment so that we can use it for someone else.
- To make more than one appointment if more than one person needs to be seen.
- To be patient if appointment times are running late. It may be you who needs extra time on another occasion.
- To ask for a home visit only if the illness prevents you from attending the surgery. Children can usually be brought to the surgery .
- To give 48 hours notice before collecting repeat prescriptions.
Suggestions and Complaints
At The Limes, we aim to give our patients the highest quality of care and welcome any comments, compliments, concerns or complaints that you may have.
On the 1 April 2009, new complaints regulations from the Local Authority Social Services and National Health Service Complaints (England) Regulations 2009 took effect and we strictly follow these guidelines.
We hope that any concerns or comments you may have can be sorted out easily and quickly. Do not hesitate to arrange to see or call Debbie Bodhanya, who will discuss the issue with you and hopefully help to resolve it.
We shall acknowledge any complaint within three working days and will offer you the opportunity to discuss the matter. You will be kept informed of our timescales throughout the process.
Please either write in, complete the attached complaints form or email your suggestion/complaint to email@example.com. Alternatively you can telephone Debbie Bodhanya, Managing Partner directly on 01992 566555. Please also see our complaints procedure policy by clicking on the link below.
Complaints Patient Information Leaflet
For the safety of staff and patients this practice has a Zero Tolerance Policy in place in respect of violence and aggressive behaviour by patients or their relatives to practice personnel or other patients. Any patient who abuses this policy will be removed from the practice list and in extreme cases we may summon the police to remove offenders.